Sunday, June 15, 2014

Root Canals / Room Re-Do / Flights

Well it's been a pretty eventful first week back in the states.

Let's go back in time to last Monday night.
I landed in Dallas looking like a hot mess!!
Tuesday and Wednesday were spent lazing around
the house trying to un-jetlag myself one powdered sugar donut at a time.

Thursday rolls around and I have to go to the dentist.

Backstory...
Before I went to England in January I had a pretty
traumatic dentist experience that consisted of 6 fillings.
Listen...flossing is not my thing, it totally should be, but it's just not!
I need to floss, i get it!!

Moving on...
Twice while I was abroad I had some terrible
pains coming from one specific tooth.

While in Italy the pain was taken to a new level.
Web MD said mouth cancer...So obviously I was concerned.

So Thursday's dentist appointment was for answers.
The answer = ROOT CANAL!!
womp womp

My appointment is this wednesday and I feel sick just thinking about it.

On a happier note my dentist said he heard a little British accent
slipping through my southern accent.

I was thrilled because I wasn't even trying to have an accent.
So apparently I have a tiny British accent nowadays.
Even my family hears it. 
It makes me SO happy!!!

...

On Friday I had a little business meeting to discuss
a project i've been working on.

I can't wait to share it with all of you.
It's all pretty exciting because it looks like
this is going to turn into a nice little work from
home in the comfort of your pj's job.
HOLLLAAA!!!

Other job news...
I applied to be a mystery shopper and was accepted.
I say accepted as if it's like super prestigious buuuttt it's not.
Am I supposed to even tell you guys this??
How will it be a mystery if people know that i'm one of them??
Anyways I'm excited to try it out and see if it's a good use of time.
All I know is you get paid to shop, so yes, i'm in, let's do this!!
Plus any extra money here or there is great!!

...

A few weeks ago I posted about redecorating my room.
An anonymous commenter called my post a snoozefest.
They used that word, snoozefest, so rude!
If hearing about other people's random life happenings
is boring to you then you should probably stop reading blogs.

Anywwayyysss
I wasted no time in getting my room put together.
It's the space i'll be living in for who know's how long so
I wanted it to be nice and I have achieved nice!!

I'm really really proud of it.
There is still some work to do but I think it looks great so far.

| Terrible quality :( Thanks Iphone |



Tom and I have been able to skype pretty much daily.
It's so great that we have the ability to still see each other
when we're so far away.

We hate being away from each other but we're doing ok.
We've only got about 40ish days until Tom lands in Texas.
I think I can survive until then but
I miss him so so so much.

There have been lots of teary moments away from him
so I really can't wait till we're back together again.

We're still trying to find cheap flights for his trip over here.
I've been looking into using a credit card to get some travel rewards.
Have any of you gals or guys used credit cards purely for travel perks??
And if so what card do you suggest??
Or do you suggest no credit cards??

I'd LOVE to hear so feedback on this.

Hope you guys are having a good week!!

:)

8 comments:

  1. I travel a lot for my med school interviews, so I got a triple A card through my parents. You get extra points for flights, hotels and gas, and there's no annual fee :)

    My fiancé uses discover. It's nice because you get points back double on something new each quarter- for the summer it's home improvement ;-) unfortunately racking up points takes time and it may be awhile before you benefit from your card use. Anyways good luck, I hope you share any new info you find on the blog for your fellow poor travelers!


    P.S. I believe Chase has a good travel option as well. I didn't get it because it has a annual fee and I am too poor for such things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great info! Thanks for sharing! I didn't even know there was a Triple A card, i'll have to look into that one. I don't really want an annual fee, I'm poor as well haha I wish it didn't take so much time to rack up points haha i'm impatient as well. But I think I'm looking at it more as a long term thing anyways. Since we've chosen to do long distance we will have to do some serious traveling at least once a year. So after a few years, with both of us flying back and forth we might be able to rack up some serious points and hopefully get a few freebies out of it. That's the plan anyways haha!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, you definitely will. Peter has gotten maybe 3 international flights from points in our four years of dating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not use United's miles card. David and I hate it! They owe us 40,000 points and refuse to give us credit for them. :/ We are looking into other cards too, so let us know what you find. Your room looks super cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh snap, that's good to know!! :) My cousin uses southwest and really loves it. I don't know how much you fly southwest but that could be something to look at. I'm looking at American Express at the moment, but I have to get Tom on board first haha. I'll put out an update if we figure it out!! :) Thanks girly!

      Delete
  4. I have an American Express Delta card and a United Explorer card from Chase! Both have been great. I would recommend going with the United card because you can get more "bang for your buck". Delta gives you 50k miles but Delta's one-way flights use up 40k - it is ridiculous! Whereas I just booked a United roundtrip flight using my points from Denver to Orange County and it was only 37k. Unlike Abigale, I have not had any issues receiving my points! They came quickly after you spent the $1,000 in 3 months or whatever it was. I say go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your maps! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both came from shops in England haha One was John Lewis and the other was Utility :)

      Delete