Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Oh hey, Tom is here!!!

Monday emotions before/during/after picking up tom!!

Starting at 9am
Sleepy
excited
excited
excited

12:00pm
nervous
ready
excited

1:00pm 
(This is when my flight tracker APP told me he had landed in Houston)
a little sleepy
excited
Oh is that him?? No
ahhhhhh
excited

2:30pm
where is he?
Hmmm shouldn't he be here by now??
Oh is that him...nope..
Wait...TOM...nope...

3:30pm
Ok something is wrong
this is so weird...
Wait her flight landed at 2??
Toms flight landed before hers, why is she already out??
WHERE IS TOM???

4:00pm
Does ANYONE work here??
Anyone at all?? HELLOO?????
Where are the information desk people??
My BF is being held hostage behind your gate!
Don't cry Emily, keep it together!!!
I haven't eaten all day...
*Hands start shaking*
*lips start quivering*
Tears almost escape my eyes...

4:15
Me "Oh hello do you work here?"
Man "No"
Me "Oh well do you know anyone who works here?"
Man "No, i'm sorry, what's going on maybe i can help?"
Me "Ok my boyfriend landed like 100 hours ago and
he's not out yet and i'm just freaking out a little/a lot"
Man "What airline is he on?"
Me "KLM"
Man "Oh it was diverted to Canada for some reason,
but it landed here about an hour ago so he should be out soon"
"THANK YOU SO MUCH"

4:30
Tom finally emerges from the other side!!
I then let him explain what happened.

A man on his flight had a heart attack mid flight :(
They used a defibrillator on him and had to land in Canada
so they could get him some much needed help!
We don't know how he's doing but we hope that he's doing much better! :)

What you need to learn from my experience
is that you should not rely on apps...instead look
at the airport screens with flight info on them.

Had I done that I would have actually sat down
rather than stand on my tiptoes for 4 hours looking through
the sliding doors to see if it was Tom coming or not ;)

So the end to this story is that Tom is here!!!
He's been here for a full day and we've just had a blast!
I'm so happy we're back on the same continent ;)


We also got to see some really good friends of mine from College while we were in Houston.
I was able to stay with them overnight so I could be well rested to see Tom ;)


It was all a bit dramatic picking Tom up but after I collected him all was good :)
I'm so happy he's here, i'll be a smiling fool for the next 6 weeks ;)

Hope you're all having a great week!!!

1 comment:

  1. 6 whole week? nice. drink it up, girl. enjoy every second {I know you will :)}

    ReplyDelete