Saturday, January 17, 2015

Goodwill lamps DIY

I'm a bit of a DIY addict.
I think it's good though becuase it means
I don't pay full price for stuff.

Saving money is the name of the game.

Actually DIY'ing can sometimes be more
expensive than just buying new.

If that's the case I think you're doing it wrong ;)

This DIY project definitely saved me money.

I have been looking for some bed side table lamps
for about a month or so.

I've been stalking goodwills and thrift shops
hoping that a pair will pop out at me.

Last week I was in a goodwill and I 
stumbled upon these pretties.


They were in need of some serious TLC.
I know they don't match but I like their differences.
I also think they look very good together.

While at goodwill I also found a few trinkets
that I wanted to paint up and put next to the lamps.


I decided to spray paint the lamps gray.
They look brand new now that they've been painted all pretty!


Buying lamps from goodwill is great
but I'm a little grossed out when it comes to the shade.
I don't know why but buying a used shade just freaks me out.
So I stopped by target and bought white round shades.
The shades ended up costing the most but
I'm glad i decided to get new ones.

I'm so happy with how these lamps turned out!



The little elephant turned out SO cute!!!


 That vase ^^^ is beyond gorgeous!!
One of my favorite finds ever!!!

I'm so glad I gave these lamps new life.
They are just the perfect addition to my space!

2 comments:

  1. Those lamps are beautiful! You did such a great job! Did you just use regular spray paint? Also, the vase and the elephant look like you bought them from West Elm or somewhere similar. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :) I just used regular spray paint from Walmart. I don't know much about picking the right paint haha I just picked the ones I thought were good colors ;) I agree, the vase and elephant were such great finds!! I wish I was that lucky every time haha :)

      Delete